Gap behind skirting etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have been having our house renovated and the walls plastered , old skirting removed.

New skirting is being fitted next week but in one area there is a 1cm or so deep gap and the skirting isn't high enough to cover it.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm not quite sure how to deal with it as it's quite deep.

I need to get rid of the bits jutting out to make it smoother but then how do I fill it?

20210611_214033.jpg

Sponsored Links
That should have been plastered up, before the skirting was fitted.

I know, just another thing I missed after after builders finished. It's been a stress and I don't want to ask them back. I'm not sure why they left it like that. I assumed the skirting covered it but it doesn't. So that leaves me to do the best I can.

if the a builder arranged to have the skirting fitted, he should have sorted the plaster first - but if a joiner was employed by you, then I would not expect a joiner to start plastering.

Sponsored Links
if the a builder arranged to have the skirting fitted, he should have sorted the plaster first - but if a joiner was employed by you, then I would not expect a joiner to start plastering.

The builder did it, then their work finished, then the floor was put down, and now someone else is doing the skirting, im not expecting them to plaster, hence my question. I'm not going to have the wall entirely plastered again.

Your builder ought to have spotted the gap and dealt with it, before leaving or you should have pointed it out to him. It's only a five minute job, you could ask him back to do it, or have a go yourself with some plaster. If you still have trades on site - maybe a painter and decorator, then they should be able to make a reasonable job of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back