Gap between black rubber and windows - causing draft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

In some rooms in my home there is a gap between the black rubber on the frame and the uPVC window, meaning they don't sit snugly together when closed.

I can tell a draft is coming through as a result - is it possible to fix this on the current windows or is my only option new windows?

I attach a photo should this help:

eds.png

Sponsored Links
The espagnolette lock and the friction stays can usually be adjusted to increase compression on the weatherseal.

A photo of the lock and the friction stay would help -and say whether the gap is on handle, hinge, top or bottom.

If that is on the hinge side of the sash , then that is more than likely the window hinges causing that . You sometimes see locating blocks on sashes but I reckon a new set of window hinges and that gap should disappear BUT just double check that neither the sash or frame are bowed using a straight edge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back