Gapotape

I used the 80mm version to slot snugly fitting PIR down into the uninsulated sloped sections of our dormer roof via access from the attic above and crawl spaces below. I couldn't have done the job without it as some of the sections were blind one end, some were over 1.5m long, most were slightly inconsistent in width along their length and all had absolutely zero access to fill gaps along the sides with foam without ripping out all of the plasterboard on the underside. It's not cheap but in that situation especially, a complete no brainer.
cPxwznNl.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've seen a few articles suggesting that the newest building regs update make Gapotape a requirement, which is rubbish.

The requirement is to have no gaps There are many ways to achieve this, the cheapest being accurate measuring and cutting of the insulation boards.
And they wonder why new homes and buildings are getting so expensive to build, this kind of stuff and regulations is getting to be quite ridiculous, if more care is taken at the insulation stage in measuring and cutting Gapotape wouldn't be necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back