Gaps between sheets. Best option.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
My old house is sheeted with beaver board. Basically 14mm sheets of wheatabix. It was originally jointed with thick paper tape which could be seen after decoration. I am stripping my hall right back and have removed lose paper tapes to reveal significant gaps of about 25mm between wall and ceiling.

Ive attached a pic looking to the right hand side of the stairwell window where the wall meets the sloped ceiling.

My decorator is going to skim these gaps flush before wallpapering but said obviously I will have to put something in the gap first.

I was thinking a noggin down the back which would be a bit of work but solid. But there is a lot to do.

Any sort of metal mess corner etc I could fix on the face and screw to the posts?

Any other ideas?

Thanks folks

Attachments

• 20200112_173246.jpg
    20200112_173246.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 233
Sponsored Links
Have a Google for plastering beads some batten and some of that should provide a good fixing for plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back