Gaps in floor and dpc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are gaps in the concrete floor just inside the front door of my house - and a pale blue sheet of plastic (which is, I suppose, a damp-proof course) is by no means intact. Here is an overview:

IMG_0163.JPG

The size of the gaps is shown by the two pound coin that can (just) be seen in the next three photos (which also show the condition of the dpc):

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Some of the concrete that is present has broken up into pieces, as can be seen in this photo:

IMG_0139.JPG

The house is built of brick, the door-frame and door are wooden, no damp has (as far as I am aware) got into the house but ants have entered - and left a mess, as can be seen in this photo:

IMG_0140.JPG

I intend to replace the carpet but would first like the floor to be tidier and the ants to keep out. How important is the damp-proof course in this context?

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 113
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back