Gaps in glueless wood flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just layed a glueless real wood floor. But I can't quite get the last two pieces to join. They are joined ok along their lengths but not end to end. There's a gap of about 3 or 4mm. Can anybody suggest how I can get them to join?

Sponsored Links
Often in a laminate floor laying kit they provide a metal tool, which can be placed between the skirting and the end of the floor plank. A piece of metal hooks over the end of floor, the other end of the tool is a face which you hit with hammer. It looks like to L's joined together with a couple of felt pads on its back to protect the floor. This may help.

Failing that may be you can find a way of levering the two ends together. Final thought, you can use a ratchet strap system to pull the boards together. B&Q used to sell them, or a flooring shop would sell them.

Hope that helps

Nod

Not sure if I'm reading this right,

Use the flat L shape bar and twist it sideway against the wall to close the gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back