Garage Ceiling / Loft Advise Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm after some advice please, I'm wanting to create a storage area with my garage roof space. I plan to leave the current trusses as they are and have the new ceiling / loft space floor around a foot lower than the base of these. I realise the loft area this creates won't be the easiest to use with these in the way but I don't plan to use it often and I believe the potential cost of changing the trusses would be high.

I wondered if anyone has done anything similar to this before, and also what materials they used and whether they plastered the ceiling. I've added some photos of the garage in it's current form below and the last image is my final plan.

Lastly, if anyone has any idea on what this would cost, I'd appreciate that too. The garage measures 17ft long x 9ft wide.

IMG_6010_zpsemswlr2i.jpg

IMG_6011_zpstpwv5nor.jpg

IMG_6073_zpsiev0ywhb.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I was going to say that a second "floor" was a real pain to create but you do have a lot of room to play with

I think if it was me I'd still be tempted to see if adding more joists to the roof would be easier

But if you want to add a second lower ceiling type store then allow good access to get kit up there
Painting a garage white, including ceiling, makes the hell of a difference if you do a lot of work in it, and add loads of lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back