Garage conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I work at home for approx 75% of the week and im planning on converting 1/2 of my garage into an office.

I'm looking to convert the back 1/2 of the garage as this has an access door to the garden and i'll be using the front of the garage for storage and keeping the original garage door.

I'm basically looking at getting together a list of stuff that i'll need so below is what i require and if anyone could offer any advice, it would be much appreciated.

I'll be doing this along with a family friend who is a qualified electrician and general handy man.

The garage already has electricity but only 2 sockets. Would need to have additional.
The garage has a light but the switch is at the front of the garage so would like this split so i have a light in each section as well as a switch in each section.

I'll need access from the office to the garage so looking at installing a door in the stud wall.

The garage is breeze block on the right hand wall on the image and the back wall (where my office will be) is double skin brick.
What would you recommend? 2x4, then insulation and then plasterboard finish?

I'm looking to do this on a very small budget so wont be doing anything with the flooring apart from an Epoxy seal and either an underlay and hard wearing carpet, or using laminate/lino that i have already.

The roof in the garage is a pitched roof (new build) and would like the top of the office space to be used as storage which is accessed by ladder from the garage section, just so i can store boxes, camp chairs etc.

Bit of a jigsaw of a post, but please, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

plan.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
rmSHXDc

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back