Garage floor 'again'

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Started converting my garage, floor first. keeping insulated garage door. Laid dpm on floor. Plenty of it so overlapped join about 2 meters.

Next job will be fixing 4 x 2 along right hand wall with joist hangers, then fit joists. Can't do 6 x 2 as not enough space. They will be packed level use packers on existing concrete floor glued in place. Not going to fix the joists to the left wall as this is an external wall (single brick) don't want to drill through dpm. noggings will be fitted at this end with packers from the floor. The existing floor slopes and is not level.

That's an external door at the end next to the garage door, this will be lifts up to suit the new floor level.

Appreciate people's thoughts on this and if I have missed anything or could do it better.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If the dpm is not large enough to cover in one piece then joint needs to be folded twice to ensure protection.
No need for joist hangers , you can build floating joist frame on top of dpm and then wall lining from the floor with insulation behind.

Can you explain what you mean by folding the dpm twice for the joins.

I take it you mean build the floating floor then sit the frame for the walls on the floor fixed to it and the ceiling joists.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back