Insulating under wood floor

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've just installed a floating floor in my garage on top of the existing concrete floor. The wood frame has been laid on a dpm and packed up level as the existing floor slopes. Can I use wool type insulation or should I use solid boards eg. kingspan, coletex. The boards seem expensive and will be awkward to fit tightly as there are a lot of noggings fitted to support the floor level.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
To be honest it would be better to screed the floor to an approximate level, lay board insulation first from wall to wall, then depending on the final flooring boards, either cover with osb to increase the load bearing capacity or board with heavy floor boards, this would provide far better insulation in my opinion...pinenot :)

The reason I went for the wood floor is because I want the flexibility of having the choice to remove it easily in the future. Also the difference in floor level to the house is just over 100mm. This doesn't leave much for a screed once the insulation has been laid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back