Garage floor paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

wondering if I can get some advice.

I painted my garage floor with Johnstone’s flortred but the paint seems really poor quality and scuffs/chips easily.

I’m in 2 minds to go over this with something stronger like an epoxy or another regular garage floor paint.

we won’t be parking cars in the garage so mainly foot traffic as we use it for storage.

Few questions:
1) any recommendations as to floor paint or epoxy based?
2) would I need to take off the existing floor paint before applying new coat? Or is it just keying up before applying?

thanks
Bobby

Sponsored Links
I enquired from an epoxy company and they recommended removal of all the old paint. That's not going to happen in my garage
Take a look at plastic floor tiles from places like BigDug.
I start motorbikes with a kickstart so doubt tiles would work in mine.

I enquired from an epoxy company and they recommended removal of all the old paint. That's not going to happen in my garage
Take a look at plastic floor tiles from places like BigDug.
I start motorbikes with a kickstart so doubt tiles would work in mine.

good shout on tiles.. looks quite easy to install as well. So long it’s still hard enough for my son to do football training in there as well.

There are interlocking tiles for all sorts, some have a cushion effect for home gyms or harder for workshop

Sponsored Links
My garage floor was rough 50’s concrete. It got very dusty.
I used floor paint straight to the concrete years ago and it is fine, if a bit lumpy but it’s a workshop.
you could look into an epoxy floor as I believe it is tougher.
I have motorcycles with centre stands so the paint does get a bit damaged

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back