Garage floor question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

We have a garage currently being used as a nail salon (previous owners idea, not ours). We're planning on converting it back to a garage and a place to store the car. On street parking is a nightmare around here at the best of times.

I quite enjoy cleaning and detailing my car and sometimes watch YouTube videos on the subject. I've seen a few videos where some sort of rubberised suspended matting is used. Water can fall between the holes in the matting and flow out of the garage door.

I don't need to pressure wash the car in the garage, but to be able to hose it inside would be brilliant.

Does anyone have any experience with this at all?

Cheers
David

Sponsored Links
For those avid DIY people who work in their palatial garage, what do you use to clean up your garage cement floor from accidental spills (brake fluid, engine oil, transmission oil, etc, etc....)? Thank you
It's a lot easier if you seal the concrete before any spillages occur.
Contaminants will soak into concrete and will then be difficult to remove.

For spills I've used cat tray granules in the past. Cheaper than the stuff designed for garages.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

We have a garage currently being used as a nail salon (previous owners idea, not ours). We're planning on converting it back to a garage and a place to store the car. On street parking is a nightmare around here at the best of times.

I quite enjoy cleaning and detailing my car and sometimes watch YouTube videos on the subject. I've seen a few videos where some sort of rubberised suspended matting is used. Water can fall between the holes in the matting and flow out of the garage door.

I don't need to pressure wash the car in the garage, but to be able to hose it inside would be brilliant.

Does anyone have any experience with this at all?

Cheers
David
Excuse the belated response, I've only just seen the question.

Your floor would probably require to be designed to accommodate such drainage.
Perhaps with a central drainage channel draining to an external designed drain under any surface matting, etc.

Sponsored Links
Are you looking to over the entire garage floor, or just parts of it?

You could use something like this interlocking rubber drainage matting, but it can get expensive if you need to cover a large area. It's very tough stuff, but I'd be concerned about the weight of the car compressing the rubber over time. Do the videos give any clues as to the brand or design of the matting?

Ringstep-Mat-Catering.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back