Flooring ideas for garage/man cave makeover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

just moved into a townhouse with a ground floor garage, which I don't intend to use to park the car as I also have off street parking. The garage has got the washer and dryer down there, plus it'll be the space I store tools - but I want to turn it into a man cave too - with a treadmill, multigym, dartboard, sim racing rig etc. I don't intend to block the garage door.

I'm looking for ideas about the best flooring. It's a concrete floor in OK condition. It's 6m by 4m.

I've priced up interlocking PVC floor tiles and could get this at a cost of around £550. I've also looked at a roll of 6m by 4m artificial grass that I could get for around £260.

I'd really appreciate any tips or advice about pros, cons and installation.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for those suggestions. It would need more than polishing as the colour is irregular and it'd need a few small cracks filling. Epoxy flooring is probably well beyond my DIY skills but will weight that up in terms of cost.

Sponsored Links
I note you'r not talking about extra insulation etc, so why not contract carpet? Many gyms have it on the floor anyway. Short (virtually no) pile, stays clean and reasonably warm on the feet.

I note you'r not talking about extra insulation etc, so why not contract carpet? Many gyms have it on the floor anyway. Short (virtually no) pile, stays clean and reasonably warm on the feet.
Similar vein, cork floor tiles are cheap, easy to lay and warm underfoot. I'm not sure about durability though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back