Garage Floor Screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody have experience of using Nicobond Multiflo Base Screed? I have recently had a garage floor levelled using this, but I'm wondering if there may be a problem with it.

Starting point was a 15 sq. m rough concrete floor that varied in level by up to 1cm. Prior to application of the Nicobond screed, the floor was swept and primed. The majority of the area was dry within 24 hours, but some took over 48 hours. One week later, it feels dry and hard, but the colour is not uniform and it has a large number of small (av. 2mm diameter) holes in it. The area that was previously the most uneven is quite dark, and has the greatest concentration of holes. The colour itself isn't my concern, but what it and the holes might be indicating.

I would be grateful for any advice on the above, and the best way to fill the holes. I am considering painting or epoxy coating the surface, but want to be sure that I don't do it too soon.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea about this type of screed because i have never laid it.

I would liken it to floor levelling compound but with an additive/plasticiser to make it flow.

The holes are likely to be areas of air bubbles escaping that have left a small pock mark. A similar thing happens when you use floor levelling compound as i have seen this pock marking occur in the same situation.

I have no idea how you are going to fill the holes or why you are screeding a garage floor. Use some car body filler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back