Garage roof drip edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hopefully one of you guys can give me some advice on my garage roof. I'm new here so I hope this post works...

Last year, I had my asbestos roof replaced with some metal corrugated roofing, with felt anti condensation/drip stop underneath. It works well and I'm happy.

However the felt layer extends to the edge of the overhang, and picks up some of the rain that drips over the edge. On some corrugations it wicks up into the garage itself. I've got some pictures:

Wicking from outside to inside
20210621_173051.jpg 20210621_173140.jpg

So, I've thought about removing some of the felt layer as in the image below - I'm not sure I removed enough, or far enough up the corrugations, but is this the way forward?
20210621_173040.jpg

Or do I need a proper drip edge? I have thought about a bead of silicone along the edge - but I think I'd still need to remove the felt?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot!

James

Sponsored Links
Try the silicone bead first, about 25mm in from the outside edge.
Can't see how removing the polystyrene fillers is going to prevent wicking.

Thanks Alastair. Sorry, I didn't mean the polystyrene, but the actual felt itself, so it wasn't right next to the edge of the roof where the rain was dropping off

Sponsored Links
You can bend the edge's of the sheets with a pair of pliers to create a better drip edge if its a shallow pitch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back