Garage roof problem? What is reasonable to demand?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSC_1517.jpg

I decided since the old garage roof may have had asbestos in it, before renting out house it would be prudent to change it, original was corrugated and it seems the garage is out of square, so the sheets were originally lined up with gable end ending at front sweeping up so water all runs off to sides.

The builder has however replaced them lining up with apex, so once trimmed some water will run off the gable ends and so into the wood garage doors, which I feel is wrong.

DSC_1512.jpg

He has also failed to finish, so wind has damaged sheets, they were only fixed at apex, so he will need to renew at least one sheet, maybe more, depends how quickly he returns.

It seems he left to get some wood, he arrived to do the job on the day of mothers funeral, so I was not around to consult, he dragged my wife to see, however I did not get involved, not a good day.

So question is what next, clearly the sheets should have been lined up with gable ends to ensure water does not run into the wood front, but now cut, so is there a reasonable alternative?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back