Garage roof replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My flat (well, slightly pitched) single car garage roof is spent. It's those corrugated cement/asbestos boards, probably been up since the place was built in the 80s. A couple of years back I treated the lower half (section nearest the gutter) with sealant paint stuff and it helped a bit but truth be told the whole lot needs replaced.

I'm not totally settled in this property so I'm not inclined to buy the most expensive / tier 1 solutions for anything I need to do property maintenance wise. However neither am I inclined to buy cheapest.

The current garage roof is basically a few rafters with the corrugated sheeting attached and a gutter at the end. So, if I want to opt for a middle of the road replacement solution cost wise, what should I be looking at? Note I won't be diy'ing this.

What about something like this, basically a modern replacement for what's currently installed?

Onduline - Black Corrugated Bitumen Roof Sheet (2000 x 950mm) (roofingmegastore.co.uk)

Sponsored Links
If as you say your not sold on the house and looking to move in the not to distant future, then that's the route I would be going down.

Is it a prefab garage?

If as you say your not sold on the house and looking to move in the not to distant future, then that's the route I would be going down.

Is it a prefab garage?
I wouldn't say I'm looking to move soon, however neither am I settled here, within the next few years I'd say. So I'm not interested in paying for an all singing/dancing replacement roof that comes with a price tag to match.

If by prefab you mean concrete sections then yes, it's a prefab.

Yeah concrete sections.

The only other form of cheap roofing is felt, but it's a lot of work on one of them prefab garages as you will have to add joists etc.

So your option of the bitumen corrugated roofing sheets is the best price/performance ratio.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back