Garden Bank

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

Would any kind person have any ideas or has done something with a bank in garden see picture.

I was thinking of just throwing some seed over it then strimming but would like to know if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks

Attachments

• _20200819_145117.JPG
    _20200819_145117.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 144
  • _20200819_145441.JPG
    _20200819_145441.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 137
Sponsored Links
It will slump.

How steep is it?

Has a wall been demolished?

Pretty steep I wud say at bottom it's about 3ft.

No wall demolished it was raised dense hedging with popular trees about 25 mtrs high along front all removed and lawned with a nice laurel hedge along front just this bit at edge up driveway now

What about chuck some wildflower seeds on it now whilst it's bare soil, then start strimming in the the future if you have to, the grass will come through by itself

Sponsored Links
Depending on how much time and money you want to invest there are probably a few ways.
An infill of top soil that slopes more gently down to the drive. It could later be mowed with a small hover mower.
A retaining wall which slopes down from the high point to the low point, eventually tapering off around the curve of the tarmac, and then infill behind so the hump is less pronounced.
Square the soil face off, erect a wall alongside the new face or build a barrier with 4" rounded posts jointed close together, this too, could slope away with the fall of the present lawn.

Shape it then seed it for lawn. I have a couple of 4 foot high banks either side of my lawn after digging out a hillside that are 35-40 degrees. Be sure to shape it how you want it before seeding and it will come good within a summer. Good luck
KmdQkdC.jpg

Shape it then seed it for lawn. I have a couple of 4 foot high banks either side of my lawn after digging out a hillside that are 35-40 degrees. Be sure to shape it how you want it before seeding and it will come good within a summer. Good luck
KmdQkdC.jpg

Very nice this will give this a go thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back