Garden Building with totally flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in the process of building a garden Cabin / Shelter as in the picture below. All is going well now no thanks to the shoddy company who I bought it from

Side note: NEVER EVER buy a building from Quick Gardens!!!!

Anyhow as I am starting to construct the roof I have noticed that there will be no pitch to it at all, except for around 10-15mm due to the slope on the floor. The roof is fairly substantial, constructed of 28mm thick tongue and groove planks laid across 4 beams that span the length of the cabin (8x2which I will coat with Ronseal 5 yr stain and then coat in a premium grade felt, however I am worried with it being flat is there any thing I can do to create a slope or do you think water will find its own level and drain off anyway?

Link for cabin here:

https://www.quick-garden.co.uk/log-cabin-aisne-plus-300x300-28mm.html

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Run Firrings along the joists or at 90 degrees to?

I couldn't run them at 90 degrees to, as the planks will sit in that direction.

the joists are 5m long and I only have about 150mm to play with before I hit the 2.5m max height without planning permission.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back