Garden chipper hire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction with a quick query?

We have got a largish (better part of 40 foot at a guess) eucalyptus to cut down in the coming few weeks. It's the second one at the house and I've done a bit of tree felling before so am not worried about that part of it.

At about the same time as felling the tree, I want to put in some raised beds and a path around them. The missus, gawd bless her, came up with a bit of a blinding idea.

Instead of ferrying all the smaller wood to the recycling centre, why not chip it and make woodchip paths? Two birds, one stone and all that.

Sounds good, but... does anyone know where / how one goes about hiring a reasonable sized chipper? HSS have 2" ones (too small) and the next step up is a beast that'll do 6" branches - (a) bigger than I need and (b) nearly £150 plus VAT and I'll only need it for an hour!

Based near Warwick if that's a help...

Cheers

Sponsored Links
probably cheaper to get a tree surgeon to do it for you, especially if they dont have to take the waste away

Look in the argos book. I think they had them in ther from 80 quid upwards. Why rent if you can buy cheaper.

Have already looked at both B&Q and Argos but the ones they've got only cut up to about 35-40mm; need to be able to chop up to about 4" really.

Sponsored Links
if you do find one, get one with "gears for teeth" not a rotating blade, they clog very eaily

i have hired one from banson recently. cost £50 for the weekend. your quote is well over. this thing took 2" and 4" branches.

just ring round all the local hire places. someone will have the correct machine at the right price. hagglewith them as well because chippers dont go out that often.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back