Garden fencing ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a huge problem in our garden with foxes and wondered if anyone knew what suitable fencing we could use to keep them out - we have 6 foot wooden fences at the back of the garden that backs onto another house, which the foxes jump over but to the left a low wooden fence - as we live on a hill we don't want to lose the view but want a fence deterrent that is going to be difficult for the foxes to jump over, dig under - also anything we can attach to the top of the 6ft fences that may deter the foxes from jumping onto.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
What's the problem specifically? Just having foxes in the garden isn't usually a problem unless there's something you have that they want to eat or destroy. They are pretty good at jumping and digging so you might have to go some to keep them out for good.

They are noisy buggers but the ones round my way can still be heard yapping several gardens away and in the road out front.

Live and let live or hire someone to shoot them. They'll be back though.

What's the problem specifically? Just having foxes in the garden isn't usually a problem unless there's something you have that they want to eat or destroy. They are pretty good at jumping and digging so you might have to go some to keep them out for good.

They are noisy b*****r but the ones round my way can still be heard yapping several gardens away and in the road out front.

Live and let live or hire someone to shoot them. They'll be back though.

i agree.

But if you want a fence, you need a horizontal fence off the top of your vertical fence - like a number 7, facing away from your garden. And a wire fence dug a couple of feet down under your fence.

but i wouldn't bother !!

Thanks for the responses, the real problem we have is they keep digging up the garden; the foxes live in a garden 2 doors away and there are 4 of them so we hear them constantly screaming at night, jumping over fences and see them attacking birds in the morning. We can't venture into the garden after a certain time because you know they are lurking somewhere....

To be honest they are a pain in the backside and we'd like to try and keep them out so that we can at least design and use the garden as we're both keen gardeners.... shooting them is a little extreme but we'd like to try and them out to a minimum if we could.....

Sponsored Links
buy a big dog and let him out when the foxes are about.. should scare them off..
or try an air riffle and a torch strapped to the barrel.. ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back