Garden Ideas???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garden is very open and long. It runs up a slight incline and can be quite windy. I just feel it needs something to break up the length a bit, make it a bit cosier, but havnt the foggiest where to start. I havnt done a lot to it over the years, Just dug in a few flower beds, pots etc. Im on virtually a non existent budget and not very green fingered but love pottering about and am very eager to learn.
Any ideas? :D
(Hope you can see my photos).

Sponsored Links
There is loads yo can do to make it feel smaller, plant some tall shrubs/trees across the garden, but not all the way, which would kind of make it feel smaller with a private part behind, for a sitting area, some one for the kids to play or park the car? Maybe paint your fence a different colour, fence paint comes in different colours these days, certain colours (light blue) will help make your garden look bigger, but other colours (red) will help if feel smaller .

Your garden should represent your character and personality. Therefore, you need to decide what type of garden design will suit you best. For example, if you like to grow your own vegetables, then a cottage style garden will be the perfect choice. If, on the other hand, you prefer to watch how plants grow from apart, then you need a more urban or exotic type of garden design. Here is a list you can find helpful https://diananewman.exposure.co/6-types-of-garden-design-to-get-you-inspired.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back