Leveling out a bumpy uneven garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice on my back garden, i'm not particularly green fingered...

My back garden, at at one point, would have had a nice "S" shaped path going through it, some flower beds, raised bits, etc etc. By the time I moved in to the house, the garden had been over grown for years. I've now mostly trimmed it all back but the lawn itself is full of lumps and bumps - where flower beds were, where slabs were, etc. It's pretty easy to go over your ankle as the grass has grown mostly over everything.

I'd like to get it as flat as I can. Or at lease remove all the holes and uneven bits so its a bit nicer to walk on and mow. I have a mound of soil (about 3 tonne), that I was aiming to use to help me level it out.

What should I aim to do? Just fill in holes with the soil, and spread it over the uneven bits? Let in settle / hope it doesn't wash away? Should I put grass / grass seed on it?

Do i churn the ground up a bit and level it out that way? Should I hire a machine of some sort for this?

I'd appreciate any pointers!!! I'm attaching a photo of the garden, hopefully you get the idea of what i mean.

Cheers,
Iain

Attachments

• garden.JPG
    garden.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 144
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back