Garden level higher than neighbours garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our new build house is nearly finished and I have a question about the garden that I wanted some advice on before I get landscapers round.

Basically our garden level is generally a bit higher than our neighbours. Our gardens will be divided by a small section of fence and a garage. If our garden is level all the way across it will be against the fence and wall above the dpc which I know if not acceptable.

As we are having our whole garden landscaped what sort of options do we have in this area? The area will consist of a patio and artificial grass.
Could a small retaining wall be built with a gap to the fence and garage wall? Filled with gravel?
Or some sort of drainage channel?
Or we could step it down far enough and have it as a gravel bed with pots etc?

I have added a poor picture of the area.

A3A29FA5-5309-48A9-A25A-409E7BC5D9B3.png

Any advice welcome!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply... I have actually found the drainage/level layout and looks okay according to the plan...

There should be a retaining wall up to 300mm presumably before the fence and the bottom of their garage will be tanked to waterproof it? If I read that right?

4D2686C9-918D-48B4-90BE-4437E0E2244A.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back