garden lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i`ve got to connect some garden lights with no chance of connecting the SWA`s straight into the fittings, so need to connect 2xswa`s and 1xflex (to light fitting) under ground in a flower bed. what type of enclosure would you use?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
An IP65 rated enclosue springs to mind, or a galvanised Y conduit box suitably sealed.

And you may want to tell Mr Building Control about it too if this is in a domestic property !

Sponsored Links
many thanks, was thinking "y" box but was fishing for better ideas.
as for mr inspector, sod him its at my house and will be installed correctly

We can only advise the correct way to do things.

Its up to you if you decide not to. Lets hope the family member that sticks the fork in the buried flex lives to forgive your attitude.

And if you come to sell your house, what will you say when the Buyers Surveyor asks about the relevant paperwork and checks the B.C data base for the notification.........oops !

as i said the installation will be carried out correctly, so no flex for anyone to put a spade through, and as for moving house, all the improvements i have made including kitchen and conservatory are safe and to current IEE regs "so **** the part ****"

my comments may sound naive but i am a 17th ed sparky with over 20years site experiance, but i am now a maintance sparky and not upto date with current gizmos (any new underground boxes) i was "part p" but due to lack of domestic work i was advised not to renew it.

no i wont tell them anything, i will take my garden lights with me when i move, and no one will know i have carried out very good electrical work in my house. right or wrong i am not having a pimply faced oik check my very good work in my own house..

ban all sheds you are a tosser, you give information to complete numpty`s. but all i want is a bit of up to date adise and you criticise me....you wxxxxr

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back