Garden Office - Grooming Parlour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am constructing a garden office (log cabin) which will be used by my wife as a grooming parlour.

With this in mind I need some advice regarding the following;

Electrics - we need to run an electric shower as well as lights and sockets so I need to make sure that the supply and cabling are sufficient and safe. I also need advce on the main fuse board as I do not have any spare capacity? The cable will be buried in a trench will I need to run it inside a protective pipe?

Water - basic cold water supply to run the shower I presume I shoould use the blue MDPE pipe but is there a specific size? The supply will be run from an outside tap and buried in a trench.

Drainage - I need to install drainage to take the waste water away from the dog bath. What would be the ideal pipe size and what fall should I have on the run into the drain?

I am laying a concrete slab that the building will sit on, this will be 100mm thick and I have been advised to use steel mesh to stabilise it as it will sit on a clay base would people say that this is correct?

I shall be laying the slab before all of the services are ready to go in so I will have to put in some conduits that will take the electrics water and drainage, what should I use?

Sorry I know this is a lot of information but any help will be greatly received.

Bigant

Sponsored Links
You really need to talk to a business advisor. It appears that this building is to be used for business purposes and will need to be approved for insurance etc. You may need planning permission and will definately require public liability and product liability insurance. It will also affect your normal house insurance. So your first step is the business advisor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back