Garden path - gravel and wood bark chippings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently moved in to the house we've been renovating and I've started work on the front garden. It was a bit plain and overgrown with a scruffy flagstone path running alongside it and the drive.

The garden is now very nice with curved edges, a couple of new evergreens, boulders and chunkier borders topped with wood bark chippings.

I'm thinking stones/gravel for the pathway. The only dilemma I have is that the path runs right alongside a decent part of the border at the top end of the garden, so I'm a bit unsure of how to handle where the gravel meets the chippings.

Any suggestions? I don't want a definite border between the gravel and bark, I want it to look as natural as possible. Is there a 'standard' way of merging the two? I'm thinking dark gravel so it is similar to the bark chippings.

Thanks.[/list]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back