Garden renovation help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Inside of the house is cracked, almost!! So gonna start the garden, as u can see by the picture is very neglected and over run. So my first job is to clear it....
Couple of questions.

IS there anything I can spry on so it all just dies but leaves the soil good for planting in spring?

Obviously it's gonna take some digging, or is there anything I can hire to assist? I'm a garden novice.

Also behind the summer house and down the side, very hard to reach places, there appears to be a black berry tree growing, it's starting to encroach on the neighbours too so need it removed. Can this be done in such tight spaces?

Finally, I am contemplating taking this on myself, but out of interest how much do u think I'll get charged if I hire someone to clear it?

Thanks guys in advance.

Sponsored Links
Blackberry tree...I think that's a first..They are bushes, as you said you are a beginner.

I would have been doing the garden at the same time as the house(I did) that's because it takes time for plants to establish.
Price to clear, 2 blokes 1 day £250, maybe a skip ???.
Get quotes or crack on with it, this time of the year there wont be much more growth.
You can kill brambles with weed killer or put the spade through it.

It doesn't look like a big area. I would probably clear all the above-ground growth by hand (shears, loppers, strimmer etc) and make a compost heap if it's suitable; if not, or I didn't want a compost heap then get rid in a skip or trips to the dump. Remove any large stones, bricks, rubble etc. that got exposed and which I couldn't imagine a use for. The same with any tree stumps. Then I'd cover the whole area with old carpet or similar to block out the light and kill the weeds over the winter. Then I'd dig or rotavate in the spring, depending on how I wanted to use the garden in the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back