Garden Retaining Wall - waterproofing

Hi Marky9074,

Sorry to hear your having problems with your render, this was my concern once i had decided to start this project in my garden. I must say the people on here have been invaluable with the help and advice given, especially "freddymercurystwin".

I've decided to paint the dmp liquid onto the concrete blocks, then cover with dpm sheeting, then some polystrene and some gravel for drainage. I know this may seem a bit extreme but to be honest, i'd rather go overboard than have the problems you have experienced and many others. I'll also be making sure that the render will have waterproofer in the mix also.... then it will be fingers crossed.

To be honest and im no builder, just a mere woman with a vision for her garden.... i'd do it properly now and save yourself more heartache and expensive a year or two down the line again maybe? Btw..pics of your garden look fab :)

Hi again. Allegedly we had sealant in the mix, but that didnt work... also quite a lot of the render that has blown is not on the earth retaining parts. On my thread it was suggested to use DPM liquid on the external wall as well before rendering. Certainly that is what I will be doing when I get the blown bits repaired...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back