Garden room foundations depth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i am looking to construct a small garden room 2.5x3m external size - 2.5m height
I was just going to lay and insulated slab and construct a timber frame but I have a bunch of thermalite blocks leftover from our recent extension so want put those to good use. Then baton the wall and use PIR insulation and clad the outside (just as if i wasn't using the blocks

I am just looking to get some advice and on depth of foundations for something like this

Not building yet but just planning in advance

I have attached a picture of my thoughts

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I think i may have posted in the past but didn't really have any info about sizes or a plan :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 12.29.17.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 12.29.17.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Why not go with a smooth render (external), block, PIR (bondonded with plasterboard foam) and them plasterboard (bonded the same). No need for battens anywhere.

Add a DPM in the concrete base and run into the block. Sit it on 450m x 450x. If you go for 50-70mm PIR, you aren't going to be too far off building control compliant U values.

I know this is bigger than your are planning but a finish like this:

9343a0fe5bed150c90d40418ce0c87c5.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back