Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys! Hoping to get some advice here. I am planning to build a garden room 7.30m x 4.30m (2.5m high-under permitted development) which will be divided with wall into two rooms each measuring approx. 3.5m: one room will be a gym and the other half would be a shed/DIY room. The construction of the shed will be typical timber frame with insulation and steel sheet roof.
The problem I have is that my garden is sloped (see the picture) and I am not sure what would be the best foundation. I was thinking about a timber frame foundation which could be placed on a posts made out of bricks or concrete blocks, but I am not sure if that type of floor would withstand the load of the gym weights and all the weight dropping? The other idea was to make a sort of a frame from concrete blocks + rebarbs and then pour concrete inside the blocks and the ground like you would make a concrete slab. Meaning there will be a retaining wall on the sloped side (where arrow is pointing). How deep would I have to dig into a ground to make something like that? I have been told that I would have to make the frame the same way like preparing it for an extension or garage (dig a frame, put rebarbs in it, pour concrete etc) which seems a bit overkill for a basic wooden frame construction. Thank you for any help and ideas!

IMG_8121.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back