garden slab mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Two months ago I have removed an old shed (base rotten) from the far end corner of my garden. Underneath the shed the ground is covered with some slabs. Every morning several of the slabs in this area (roughly of 1.5m by 1m) are always wet even though there is no rain overnight. And the slabs in other parts of the garden are all dry. I can't figure out where the water or moisture comes from. I want to put in a new shed at the same place so really need to sort this out first.

Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Do they ever dry out? it could be spilt oil or some other chemical which makes them appear different?

Any chance of some photos? Any overhanging trees?

image.jpeg
It does dry out but very slowly. No tree. A photo attached.

Maybe the slabs are getting cold overnight and then when the air warms up they get condensation as they are slower to warm. Our car has been wet with condensation a couple of times recently for that reason.

Sponsored Links
You or the neighbours have a soakaway anywhere near possibly. Doe's your house back onto others, any services run down between the backs of the house's.

I would be inclined to say that it's moisture soaking into the slabs from condensation, then being in the shade most of the day means they don't dry properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back