Garden Sprinkler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I do not have an outside tap but I wish to have a sprinkler to water my lawn.

I have a utility room close to the garden so I'm thinking I can disconnect the washing machine (looks like a 25mm threaded outlet) and connect a hose and sprinkler to it when needed, then reconnect the washing machine afterwards.

I'm just confused as to what to buy. There seems like so many options. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I think I need

1) an adapter to convert the washing machine outlet to fit a hose
2) a hose that fits (about 7m in length)
3) a sprinkler to fit the hose

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's a hell of a faff to disconnect the washing machine every time, and at some point the washer in the connector will give up anyway.....
Is there no way you can tee off into the existing supply and install an outdoor tap permanently?
If not, the parts you suggest are indeed what you need.
John :)

Yeah +1.

An appliance valve isn't designed to be regularly connected and disconnected like that, it's really only designed for infrequent manipulation. If the washer didn't go, the wee plastic handle definitely will.

Time to fit a proper tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back