Garden wall K rendered ghosting. Paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Our blockwork garden wall was rendered with Parex a couple of years back and it gets some ghosting appearing through the finish.

Can some type of paint over be used to hide the ghosting? which type?

Not ideal I’m sure.

D5A00E4A-CF56-467B-A963-0EF3F88D36D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
OP,
Whatever kind of wall you are referring to then can you post pics of the wall?
Dulux exterior Textured masonry or render paint is expensive but it will cover a lot of sins.

Dulux exterior smooth masonry or render paint won't get so dirty - because it's smooth (y)

Sponsored Links
The Textured Dulux goes on thicker than a smooth Dulux, &, of course, a thick masking paint is what you need for that wall.

Unfortunately, there's no signs of moisture coming through the weepholes which might mean, depending on how the wall was constructed, that the pressure of the water is penetrating straight through from the other side?

Did the builder put a dpm against the wall before backfilling?

The Textured Dulux goes on thicker than a smooth Dulux, &, of course, a thick masking paint is what you need for that wall.

Unfortunately, there's no signs of moisture coming through the weepholes which might mean, depending on how the wall was constructed, that the pressure of the water is penetrating straight through from the other side?

They did fit a DPM behind the wall.

Moisture penetrating the render soaking the perp and bed joints.
A decent paint to stop moisture penetrating the render should do it.

Thanks

the wall is rendered the same colour as the house. I had a quick look and i think the manufactured (Parex?) Do a paint to match the colour. I think.

Those capping joints look like that may be where the water is getting in . Ree point or seal them and hold the painting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back