garden wall rendering problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my first time hope someone can help last year had a number of walls built in my garden most out of block work, then rendered then painted. all stages left to dry sometimes weeks between looked great. this year not so good blown in several places, white substance in places and some cracks. what went wrong and best way to resolve it thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Hi, several factors could be responsible.
1] render mix was wrong
2]first coat of render was'nt scratched or final coat was put on to quick.
3]sub-standard sand was used which would account for the salt staining [white substance] your seeing.
Knock it off and do it again correctly, if it's blown it should come off easily.What sort of blocks were used for the walls?

THANKS DAVE CONCRETE 18" BLOCKS USED, THOUGHT THE SAND WAS OK AND WE DID A SCRATCH COAT AND LET IT DRY AT LEST A WEEK BETWEEN THERE IS EARTH BEHIND THE WALLS WOULD THE DAMP BE THE CAUSE ALSO HAD A GOOD LOOK AND IN FACT LOOKS LIKE THE PAINT IS BLOWING if YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN , IT WAS A OUT SIDE PAINT, I HAVE A LARGE GARDEN AND RE- DOING THE RENDERING AGAIN WILL MAKE BE CRY :

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back