Garden water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a long (25m) garden, and also about 20m of 16mm PEX pipe left over from an underfloor heating installation.

I'm thinking of burying it down one side of the garden, with one end connected to the outside water supply and the other end finished as a tap/hose fitting. It won't see any heavy traffic, and burying will hide it's rude orange colour. The pipe itself seems pretty rigid.

Is there anything wrong with this idea? Or is the pipe so small and long that I'll be lucky to get any water out the other end?!

Just want to make sure even this small amount of digging isn't wasted!

Miles

Sponsored Links
Provided it has an stopcock, draincock and double check valve and meets the regs no problem.

However that might not be the case when you try to get fittings for it,

And you will have to turn it off and open the tap come november or so if you want to use it next year as well.

Sorry, by outdoor water supply, I meant the tap in the back garden (not the incoming main!)

I have some fittings for connecting it to normal plumbing, so that should not be too difficult.

Good point about opening the tap in the winter though - will need to remember to do that...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back