Gardtec 500 Series Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gardtec 500 series alarm system which has stopped working. The installer has set it to lock out so I can't use it. It needs a code to unlock it

I've lost the manual and cant download one from the Gardtec website as you need to be a bona fide installer.

Can anyone help me unlock the alarm

Cheers

J

Sponsored Links
now lets see if i have this right, you said

I have a Gardtec 500 series alarm system which has stopped working.
but then you said The installer has set it to lock out so I can't use it. It needs a code to unlock it

so what you are really saying is "the installer has programed it to stop working"

so in actual fact you know why its not working, you also know the installer since you know he has made it lock out (as you put it)

although fround upon by NACOSS this is usually done to make you pay owed money.

you have one of two choices

pay the installing company

get another alarm company

Speak to Gardiner Technology in Leeds.

They used to deal with the public.

David

are your payments are up to date on the service contract? Have you decided to quit a service agreement? The panel is YOUR property, and YOU are entitled to an engineers manual to take over the service yourself. (thank god, no part p for alarms yet.)

I will try to find a manual for ya.

Sponsored Links
the manual required is the instalation manual, but the question is why does he want it, why not call the alarm co, or another alarm co.

if it is installed for insurance reasons , you have to have an alarm co to service it

Thanks for all the replies.

I inherited the alarm from the previous home owner in Dec 2002, who did have a service agreement on the alarm. I did not require the service contract, but surely, I should still be able to use my alarm.

I have sent an email to Gardtec this morning explaining my problem. They have replied with the technical manual with the default user/engineer codes, will these work and unlock the engineer lock.

How can alarm companies get away with this practice?

Cheers

J

its how they make their money, and they feel as they are experts - no one else is capable of looking after it.

David

not quite true

this post is typical of "i will not give all the information required, first time"

i suggest you read the manual (when it arrives, i am being serious)

as i also said NACOSS do not aprove of this timer / lockout facility being used. (most alarm companies do not use it)

I would also like to ask that you do not tell your insurance Co that you have an alarm, most will insist it is serviced by a recognised Co.

May i also suggest after you have read the manual, you read it again.

The problem will be when it goes wrong, will you know what to do (i am being serious) get to "know " your alarm.

It may sound silly now, but you will thank me for it later

Thanks for all the replies.

I inherited the alarm from the previous home owner in Dec 2002, who did have a service agreement on the alarm. I did not require the service contract, but surely, I should still be able to use my alarm.

I have sent an email to Gardtec this morning explaining my problem. They have replied with the technical manual with the default user/engineer codes, will these work and unlock the engineer lock.

How can alarm companies get away with this practice?

Cheers

J
Hi I have a problem with the same alarm system as you and I was wondering do you still have that manual? If you do then PLEAZZZ Email to me: ***Removed*** [/b][/u] :D

you may be better posting new in the alarm forum, he has not been on here for 5 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back