Gas boiler and Stove with back boiler into twin coil unvente

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
d cylinder.

basically want the cheapest way of doing this and the best way. ive seen the idea of neutraliser and centraliser but if you follow there instructions material money is a fortune.

currently there is an vented cylinder in which the gas boiler heats it up and central heating.

I need to get a back boiler stove liked in and think a twin coil will be best ....

im willing to pay someone who can come up with a good drawing of linking it in..... pump for gas boiler already in airing cupboard tanks right above.. heat leak radiator will go on wall next to cylinder........

many thanks

im on [email protected] if anyone is willing to offer there service :)

Sponsored Links
there is no way you can link a solid fuel appliance directly to an unvented cylinder, if you want this set up your going to have to pay to have it done properly.

http://www.watawama.co.uk/

is one way to go.

Without any chances to the current system I would say the best
way to do it would be put check valves on the flows from the boilers.

When either boiler is running the check valve will allow the water to be pumped around the system. Here I assume both boilers have their own pump.

Either boiler or both will supply heat to the system and this can be diverted as normal to central heating or hot water tank.

Stop

Sorry its a vented cylinder god knows why I put unvented... Defo vented with tanks in loft directly above

Sponsored Links
So you want to replace your current cylinder with a twin coil cylinder and heat it indirectly from your gas boiler and stove?

What output is the stove circs rated at?

I would fit a separate F&E tank in the loft which would feed the stove circs.

Run the existing hot water circs to one coil and the stove circs to the other.

You need to incorporate a pump, stat, motorised valve, a method of switching the Valve(pipe stat) bypass and expansion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back