Gas boiler cycle rates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just had a combi boiler installed (Worcester 34CDi) with a new thermostat (Honeywell CM907).

I have a question about the cycle rates. The default rate is 6 cycles per hour.

Does mean it comes on for ten minutes, then off for ten minutes and so forth?

The other options are 3 cph (presumably 20 on, 20 off etc) or 12 cph (presumably 5 on 5o off etc).

So under what circumstances is either 3 cph or 12 cph better than 6 cph?

thanks
Jeremy

Sponsored Links
any ideas? The background is that i want to keep the temperature of the curved radiator in my bedroom as stable as possible, because it creaks like anything when heating up and cooling down. I'm currently using 3 cph, but actually wondering if 12cph will make it more stable.

You'd be better sorting out the creaking than worrying about the boiler cycle rate.
There's probably a pipe pinched, call the installer back.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have a question about the cycle rates. The default rate is 6 cycles per hour.

Does mean it comes on for ten minutes, then off for ten minutes and so forth?
At 6 cph, it means it will be on for as long as it needs in each 10 minute cycle to supply the required amount of heat. So it might be on for 2 minutes, then off for 8. If the weather is colder, so more heat is required, it may be on for 4 minutes, off for 6. In mild weather, the cycle will extend beyond 10 minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back