incorrect boiler cycle rate and min on/off time settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ref this thread = //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...th-st9420c-and-dt92e-optimum-settings.301496/

Would having the wrong boiler cycle rate and min on/off times have caused any problems?

Basically found that these settings were set to the default for a gas boiler not a oil boiler - i.e. boiler cycle per hour was set to 6 and should have been 3 and min on/off time was set to 1 when it should have been 4 or 5

I had been having various issues with boiler cutting out, overheating and the amber light coming on and having to be pushed to get boiler to fire up - could any or all of these have been caused by the min on/off time and boiler cycle rate being set incorrectly?

It all seems to work okay now, but my boiler man (who had supposedly checked these settings) had replaced various parts in boiler to sort this and I wonder if these were all unneccesary and that just the correct settings would have sorted it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back