replaced ST6400 with ST9420C and DT92E - optimum settings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have just replaced a problematic Honeywell ST6400 with a sundial RF Pack 2 (ST9420C and DT92E)

Other than obviously setting my chosen times is there any other settings I should be changing, or are all the defaults okay? such as cycle rate, min off/on time, optimum start, stop, dealyed start etc etc

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
thanks

someone had mentioned to me that the default settings are for a gas boiler and I have oil - they said perhaps the following settings should be used

min on/off time = 4
Boiler cycle rate = 3

The defaults are:-

minimum on/off time = can be 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 minutes - default is 1
Boiler cycle rate = can be 3, 6, 9 or 12 per hour - default is 6
proportional band width = 1.5 - 3.0 degrees - default is 1.5

comments?

Sponsored Links
would having it set to the wrong settings have caused any damage to anything? just that I had asked my boiler man to check the settings and he obviously hadn't done so - and I have had several issues with boiler cutting out, overheating and the amber light coming on and having to be pushed to get boiler to fire up - could any or all of these have been caused by the min on/off time and boiler cycle rate being set incorrectly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back