gas boiler not switching on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi

My first ever CH problem - any ideas welcome.

a two year old potterton condenser boiler- Promax 24HE plus. no longer switches on when required by the room thermostat. ( or presumably by the water-tank stst.)

However, it can be resrarted by the reset switch or by switching elec. supply off then on.

Sponsored Links
Hi More info.

When heating is on everything seems OK, When correct room temp is reached boiler cuts out - as expected. However it now never restarts when room temp falls ( or when, as a test, I take room thermostat very high.)

On this boiler there is a reset position on boiler control. By using this, the boiler will restart and continue until room thermostat again stops it. I have found that switching elec.supply to boiler off and then on will also rectify the situation.

Not sure what is happening when water tank thermostat switches on/off, but so far we have enough hot water.

We have never used the programmer on the heating, but have this on continuous - controlling the heating only by using the room thermostat - setting it low overnight or when we are away.

For the 2.5 years since installation boiler has been perfect and we have changed nothing on heating, plumbing or electrics recently,

Hope this helps - pls let me know if more info is needed

Hi More info.

For the 2.5 years since installation boiler has been perfect and we have changed nothing on heating, plumbing or electrics recently,

And presumably not had it serviced either?

And the warrantee has run out?

I expect this is one of the annoying intermittent faults this boiler seems prone to.

May be better to call Potty or BG under their fixed price repair deals.

They sometimes need PCB, gas valve and part of the burner and some seals replaced.

Tony

Sponsored Links
hi agile

i will prob follow yr advice. however, isit possible this is just a failed return sensor. then the over5heat stat would have to perform the cut off. this would then prob. need the reset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back