Gas compression fittings on boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler gas feed has a couple of 90 deg compression fitting which look like the water type, are they ok for gas or should it be soldered?

Sponsored Links
Afaik there‘s no difference between the 2, unless it’s stipulated in the manufacturers instructions/data sheet. Compression fittings can be used in gas as long as they’re accessible.

Afaik there‘s no difference between the 2, unless it’s stipulated in the manufacturers instructions/data sheet. Compression fittings can be used in gas as long as they’re accessible.
It seems you are right. I thought it would have been a definite no-no.
They can't be used in situations where the pipes can move, be knocked etc and, as you say, they must be easily accessible.
We learn something new every day.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
It seems you are right. I thought it would have been a definite no-no.
They can't be used in situations where the pipes can move, be knocked etc and, as you say, they must be easily accessible.
We learn something new every day.
Being a gas safe registered engineer I would hope I am right ;) (Although, I do get stuff wrong now and again).

Some boiler manufacturers (Ideal Logic) for one specify that the pressure releif valve connection at the boiler MUST be connected using compression fittings and not soldered, and all domestic boilers gas isolation valves are compression fittings

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back