Gas cooker hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A3CFCB3E-EC24-449E-ACCB-9D3DBD9F65BC.jpeg
Hi guys,

Am I right in thinking this is a micropoint gas cooker hose I need?

Sponsored Links
Yes. Might cause your cooker to stick out a bit with that arrangement though, would be good to have it altered so it sits against the wall

Thanks for reply, I did ask our landlord about it and they stated it was gas safe standard and doesn’t need altered (I thought I read somewhere it had to be pointing down) I may ask the gas guy when he comes to connect cooker.

The fitting doesn’t have to point down, perhaps you read about the hose?

It should hang freely down avoiding any stress and if excessive heat, grater then 70 degrees, is anticipated, then a flexible connection should not be used.

There’s nothing wrong (looking at the fitting), and therefore the landlord won’t pay for a change. You could ask your installer if it will interfere with the pushing back of the cooker, to change it, shouldn’t cost that much extra.

Edit: the cooker point should be secured, which it isn’t.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Micropoint hoses invariably have a bent connection therefore the hose, once connected will naturally point downwards. The fitting on the wall is a bent wall plate elbow to allow it to be fixed to the wall properly, nothing wrong with that.

Technically there would be some form of stop/anti tilt foot put on the floor to ensure the cooker is secured and would stop it from being pushed back too far and impact with the hose/connection. Could they have used a straigh wall plate, guess so. Could do with an isolation point on that pipe too.
images

Most of the ones I’ve seen have the plastic connectors on end are they just as good as the brass ones? Gas guy is coming Saturday so ask him about isolation valve

The ones in the sheds usually do, yep. Anything to do with gas though I'd go with the brass fittings everytime but that's just me
plastic ones are designed for fire safety to cut the gas off in the event of a fire.
so in the event of a house fire far better than brass stops the fire being fed with uncontrolled gas for longer

Wonder if they'll adopt that for bayonet somehow, given they seem to be used more often.
they already have them for the bulky bayonet type to , it has a plastic part that melts allowing gas to shut off , as for more often used that is a regional thing micropoint in the east midlands as well as other areas of the country have been the more widely used coming on for 40 years

Excellent, need to watch out for that, long time since I've fitted a cooker and I don't remember them pointing that out in the ACS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back