Micropoint Gas Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are swapping our old cooker for a much larger range type. We currently have a micropoint hose and wall fitting. Will this be OK with a larger cooker with more burners and double oven? I know that the micropoint hose is smaller than the larger bayonet type and wondered if it is of a sufficient size to deal with the extra flow of gas. Our plumber said he will have a look soon but I'd like a little advice beforehand.
Thanks in advance. :)

Sponsored Links
Old style hoses are 1/2 inch bore micropoint is usually 3/8th but it is also avialable in 1/2 inch . And yes it can make a difference with large ranges.
Its a case of try it first and see how it works

Old style hoses are 1/2 inch bore micropoint is usually 3/8th but it is also avialable in 1/2 inch . And yes it can make a difference with large ranges.

That did not sound right so I measured one and its only 10.8 mm at the "big" end. The hose also is about this diameter inside.

At the plug end its five holes each 5mm diameter.

So the effective size is a lot less the 1/2" or 12.7 mm.

The reality is that in home situations very few of the rings are used at the same time.

Ours here has seven rings and even when we are cooking for 30 they rarely use more than four at the same time.

I have just done a test with all burners on. Turning off the wok and the largest burner there is no noticeable difference in flame size on the other burners.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I guess the catalogue is wrong then Agile when it talks about bore www.bes.co.uk/products/016.asp

And it doesnt matter how many burners are usually used the appliance must function correctly with ALL burners and ovens on and if there is any other appliance on that gas line it must also be turned on to make sure it does not affect gas delivery to that appliance .All quite basic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back