Gas oven micropoint/bayonet question(Advice - not DIY)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently got an almost-new gas oven from a friend (can vouch for oven, they had a legitimate reason to replace it). The old oven has a standard 1/2" bayonet connection, but the new one has a micropoint connection. I contacted a RGII heating/plumbing company about installing it for us - and they didn't know what Micropoint was :confused:

It's possible that the connection isn't very common here (Ireland), but it didn't inspire confidence. I wanted to find out more about micropoint before hiring someone - in case I end up with a chancer that charges me extra because I don't know what he's doing.

Mainly, I'd like to know what the standard procedure would be. Should I be getting him to replace the fitting on the wall - or change the hose on the oven?

Thanks in advance,
Ed

ps Just want to reiterate I have no intention of attempting to do this work myself - I like my house just where it is.

Sponsored Links
quick job change the bayonet fitting on the wall to that of the new micro type. these are just a smaller and neater way of doing things. must be done by a corgi man to stay within the law :)

Micropoint NEW its been out for nearly 30 years
In defense not everyone knows they are called that and just refer to them as cooker flex

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies so far, have booked an RGII man for next week - this one seemed to know what he was talking about at least.

Cheers,
Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back