Gas cooker main oven failure need technical help URGENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in desperate need of some technical help. The main oven on our gas cooker developed a problem; The ignitor would click and fire up with a weak flame, but the flame no longer increased to full power so the oven wouldn't reach the chosen temperature. The fail safe device and spark generator replaced by a qualified engineer sent by the manufacturer, but the repair was short lived and the oven failed for the same reason as stated above after just cooking 6 family meals.

I am now in a dispute with the firm I contracted with to do the repair and would like to know if the parts they originally replaced were possibly faulty and whether they were the correct ones to rectify the inital problem.

Please let me have you thoughts, Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You don`t say what cooker or how old it is.
90% of the time it`s the F.S.D. that`s at fault here,so it could be that the new one is faulty.The other 10% of the time it`s a choked burner or badly positioned F.S.D. probe.

Check the flame picture it should be quite strong and blue near the base,also check that there`s a little probe which crosses the burner,it should be heated by the main oven burner flame.
Unless it`s a model with Flame Rectfication,then it would seem they changed the correct parts.

Either way,get them back to fix it

Thank you for your quick response. The information is very useful.

The cooker is a Cannon Camberley, which was about five years old when the problem first occurred. The top oven (which has been used more frequently) has the same type of fittings and has been functioning just fine throughout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back