gas heating - actuator question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have zoned gas heating - upstairs and downstairs - with a myson actuator mpe222 upstairs and downstairs. The heating is working fine downstairs but is not right upstairs...the rads upstairs are lukewarm (warmer at top than bottom). However I have noticed that when the downstairs zone heating is on then upstairs is hot...but not when upstairs is only on. Since the heating is fine wth both zones on...Im thinking its not sludge or airlock or something.

I was thinking it could be the upstairs actuator so I have it manually tuned to on...but its still not heating fully (the light is on in it though). I was thinkin could it still be the actuator or once its turned on manually then should it be good?

Thanks for any help?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have zoned gas heating - upstairs and downstairs - with a myson actuator mpe222 upstairs and downstairs. The heating is working fine downstairs but is not right upstairs...the rads upstairs are lukewarm (warmer at top than bottom). However I have noticed that when the downstairs zone heating is on then upstairs is hot...but not when upstairs is only on. Since the heating is fine wth both zones on...Im thinking its not sludge or airlock or something.

I was thinking it could be the upstairs actuator so I have it manually tuned to on...but its still not heating fully (the light is on in it though). I was thinkin could it still be the actuator or once its turned on manually then should it be good?
each acuator fires the boiler independently via a micro switch when opened electrically. The micro switchs can fail sometimes , if the motor is opening the valve but not firing the boiler it is often microswitch, If the upstairs only hot when manually open and downstairs on then motor probably failed
Thanks for any help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back