gas hob/cooker

A

angelf

Two things:

Can a second hand hob be legally installed by a gas safe reg. engineer. Emphasis being on second hand here? Customer saw one on e bay & would like it fitted but I dont want to do anything that would jepordise my license? Comments please

If not do any of you know of a gas hob/electric oven (single) that can be safely installed in a small flat (not bedsit). Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Ta

Sponsored Links
yes a Gassafe RGI can fit it

He/She will need the manufacturers instructions, and cookers module on their card

then all they have to do is test it.

be aware though it may fail the inspection and you have no guarantee.

thanks. When you say it may fail the inspection do you mean it will not work or may leak gas when installed?

yes it may leak, but often it is blocked injectors, cracked or damaged burners, although the injectors can be cleaned, the burner rings come as a set and can be expensive.
also quite a few are damaged when being removed from worktops as the person removing it doesn't know how it was put in

Sponsored Links
Make sure you remember that all cooking appliances fitted in flats and multiple-occupancy dwelling must have FFD's fitted to all burners. i,e each hob ring must have a thermocouple protecting it.

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back