Gas in system

Is the Filling Loop disconnected? Just in case the valves might be letting by?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the filling loop is disconnected?

Have you tested the gas with a match, is it hydrogen?

It wont be gas being generated , what it will be is more than likely air being pulled in from conections that could do with being tightened up a bit more ie pump unions ,rad valves, glands on rads .
Possibly even a small leak that could be evaporating away without showing any signs or staining

Sponsored Links
It wont be gas being generated , what it will be is more than likely air being pulled in from conections that could do with being tightened up a bit more ie pump unions ,rad valves, glands on rads .
Possibly even a small leak that could be evaporating away without showing any signs or staining

Will air be pulled in despite system pressure at 1.0 bar?

Just checking. Is the filling loop disconnected?

Yes air can still be pulled in and if there is a tiny leak somewhere the water has to be replaced with something .
Also systems should always be bled with the pump off as bleeding with it on can have the opposite affect and suck air in making the problem worse

Although the system was thoroughly flushed before boiler fitment, and two litres of Sentinel 100 added, there is a continual requirement to bleed the upstairs radiators, accompanied by a noticeable increase in boiler pressure. Do I need to add yet more inhibitor? I did not suffer from such gas build up previously at such frequent intervals.

Did you or the Installer add the inhibitor?
Are you certain that it has been added?

When my system was installed one particular radiator used to collect a lot of air, it required bleeding every week for a month and now it has stopped.

Do you mean the filling loop is disconnected?

Have you tested the gas with a match, is it hydrogen?

Sorry John, missed that post, no I haven't checked with a match, but will do next time it requires bleeding.

and Do you mean the filling loop is disconnected?

and Do you mean the filling loop is disconnected?

Yes, disconnected.
The gas/air seems to increase more when system is running. We have just been away for a week, and very little expansion occurred with the boiler on the froststat, so it probably didn't come on during the week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back